Privacy and Cookies
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given so you don’t need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs
Cookies in place on this website
- When you first visit this website, you will see a message informing you about cookies. If you click the ‘Hide this message’ button, a cookie will be set which records your preference.
- This website uses Google Analytics to measure user interaction. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to customise your settings for cookies. To find out how to do this, see the ‘Help’ menu on your browser. Please note that if you turn off cookies or change your settings, some features of the website may not work correctly.
General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR) Notice
Your information i.e. name, profession and contact details are being collected for the purpose of the Local Goverment and Building Control Acts. The details for all Valid Notices, Applications and Certificates may be held for a period of not less than five years after you have completed the building of works the subject of your Notices, Applications and Certificates. All correspondence with you will be in relation to these Acts. All details relating to Invalid Notices, Applications and Certificates will be deleted/removed from the BCMS within a three month period of invalidation. Furthermore if you have not commenced a Valid Notice or Application you may make a request to have information pertaining this valid non-commencement of Notice or Application removed/deleted from the BCMS by contacting your Building Control Authority or email@example.com. If you have completed a buildings or works the subject of a Commencement Notice which does not require a Certificate of Completion you may after five years of completion of this building or works apply to have some information pertaining this completed - commencement of Notice or Application removed/deleted from the BCMS by contacting your building control authority or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further Information or to make a request
Data Protection Officer (DPO) Contact Details
Data Protection Officer,
National Building Control and Market Surveillance Office,
3 Palace Street,
For Further information on Data Protection:
• The website of the Data Protection Commissioner – www.dataprotection.ie or
• Make contact with the Office of the Data Protection Commissioner by phone on Telephone 1890 252231 or by email on email@example.com.